Location: North Charleston, SC
The Bridge at Charleston
Position type: Part-time (25 hours)
Shift: Evening and night shifts
The Resident Assistant/Care Aide delivers quality assisted living services focused on maximizing resident's individual capabilities in accordance with all laws, regulations and Century Park standards. Reports to Resident Care Director.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year experience in senior services preferred
- Must have State Trained Nursing Assistant certification (if required by State)
- CNA certification or Home Health Aide certification preferred
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during Orientation. Certification must remain current during employment.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Assists residents with activities of daily living as designated in care plan (i.e., dressing, toileting, hair care, bathing)
- Reads 24-hour log at beginning of shift
- Makes routine rounds as scheduled and checks with residents to ensure care needs are being met
- Assists residents with clothing choices appropriate for the day's weather, clean and stain-free
- Assists with incontinent residents, routinely checking clothing and linens to keep residents clean and dry
- Assists resident with ambulation and use of walkers, canes, wheelchairs, etc.
- Assists residents during meal times in the dining area
- Encourages residents to participate in activities
- Shampoos hair weekly if not done by beautician
- Makes beds daily and perform light housekeeping duties in resident apartments and common areas as designated
- Prepares residents for activities, meals, appointments, etc.
- Delivers meals and assists with set-up or feeding as needed
- Verifies residents are present for meals and checks on those not attending unless notified otherwise in advance
- Reports all changes in resident conditions to Nurse, Resident Care Director or Executive Director
- Welcomes new residents and assists with adjustment to community
- Assists residents with packing/unpacking (storing, labeling and inventorying belongings upon move-in)
- Compliant with infection control guidelines
- Must enjoy serving seniors
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm as well as a willingness to handle difficult residents
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must perform efficiently and effectively with little to no supervision
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Century Park's Code of Ethics and completes all required compliance training
Who We Are
At Century Park Associates, we are dedicated to creating an enriching lifestyle for our residents and a rewarding work environment for our valued associates. We take pride in providing an atmosphere where relationships of trust, leadership and personal ethics are not only valued, but expected of all our associates. Our “people come first” approach ensures that excellence, respect and outstanding service are apparent in all we do as an organization. We believe in caring for and loving our residents and strongly support their ability to continue growing, learning and contributing. Every day, team members at Century Park Associates choose to go beyond their job descriptions, exceeding expectations, on behalf of their residents. They have learned that those who go the extra mile receive rewards - happiness of heart and peace of mind.
We offer competitive pay in a team-oriented environment.