CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant
Location: Port Saint Lucie, FL
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant
Harbor Place at Port St. Lucie
Position type: Part-time (20 hours)
Shift: Day and evening shifts
The Certified Nursing Assistant delivers routine daily assisted living services through interpersonal contact focused on maximizing residents' individual capabilities in accordance with all laws, regulations and Century Park standards. Reports to Resident Care Director.
- Must have a minimum of an associate's degree or equivalent experience
- Two (2) years office management experience preferred
- One (1) years' experience in senior services preferred
- Net Solutions, Point Click Care, and ADP payroll software experience preferred
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Assists residents with activities of daily living as designated in care plan (i.e., dressing, toileting, hair care, bathing)
- Reads 24-hour log at beginning of shift
- Makes routine rounds as scheduled and checks with residents to ensure care needs are being met
- Assists residents with clothing choices appropriate for the day's weather, clean and stain-free
- Assists with incontinent residents, routinely checking clothing and linens to keep residents clean and dry
- Assists residents during meal times in the dining area
- Encourages residents to participate in activities
- Reminds residents of daily dental care and shaving if applicable
- Shampoos hair weekly if not done by beautician
- Makes beds daily
- Prepares residents for activities, meals, appointments, etc.
- Delivers meals and assists with set-up or feeding as needed
- Verifies residents are present for meals and checks on those not attending unless notified otherwise in advance
- Cleans up spills by residents and alerts housekeeping for follow-up
- Reports all changes in resident conditions to Nurse, Resident Care Director or Executive Director
- Welcomes new residents and assists with adjustment to community
- Assists residents in unpacking, storing, labeling and inventorying belongings upon move-in
- Assists residents with packing belongings when being transferred
- Compliant with infection control guidelines
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm as well as a willingness to handle difficult residents
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing aide practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing nursing aide functions in an assisted living community
- Must perform efficiently in all applicable competence areas
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Century Parks? Code of Ethics and completes all required compliance training
Who We Are
At Century Park Associates, we are dedicated to creating an enriching lifestyle for our residents and a rewarding work environment for our valued associates. We take pride in providing an atmosphere where relationships of trust, leadership and personal ethics are not only valued, but expected of all our associates. Our “people come first” approach ensures that excellence, respect and outstanding service are apparent in all we do as an organization. We believe in caring for and loving our residents and strongly support their ability to continue growing, learning and contributing. Every day, team members at Century Park Associates choose to go beyond their job descriptions, exceeding expectations, on behalf of their residents. They have learned that those who go the extra mile receive rewards - happiness of heart and peace of mind.
We offer competitive pay in a team-oriented environment.