LPN - Resident Care Nurse (Sign-On Bonus)
Location: Post Falls, ID
LPN - Resident Care Nurse
Garden Plaza of Post Falls
Position type: Full-time & part-time
Shift: day and evening shifts
Sign-On Bonus Available!
Garden Plaza of Post Falls has a new opportunity for a Resident Care Nurse – LPN at one of our first-class Senior Living Campus’s in Post Falls. The ideal candidate will have a passion for serving seniors and will be joining a high energy, dynamic and professional team in the growing senior housing industry. We are offering a very competitive compensation package to the right candidate.
The LPN - Resident Care Nurse delivers quality assisted living services through interpersonal contact and provides services focused on maximizing residents' individual capabilities in accordance with all laws, regulations and Century Park standards. Reports to the Resident Care Director.
- Must have Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license from accredited program
- Must maintain an active LPN license in good standing throughout employment
- One (1) year experience in senior services preferred
- Must have CPR certification upon hire, or obtain during orientation, certification must remain current during employment
- Must have current First Aid certification (if required by State)
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Oversees medication program including accuracy of medication assistance records (MARs), providing hands-on medication assistance to residents and monitoring med passes
- Performs treatments according to physician orders
- Takes blood pressure, pulse, blood sugar, etc.
- Charts relevant information about residents
- Updates and informs physicians of change in resident's condition
- Takes physician orders, transcribes new orders to medication sheet and charts appropriately
- Assists residents with activities of daily living
- Orders and re-orders medications for residents from assigned pharmacies as needed
- Promptly responds to call lights and other requests from residents
- Provides report to staff for next shift
- Assists Resident Care Director with supervisory responsibilities
- Assists with training, supervision and counseling of resident care team
- Assists with scheduling department hours appropriately
- Serves as an effective role model
- Treats all associates respectfully
- Must have expert knowledge in field of practice
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing nursing functions in an assisted living community
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the nursing department
- Must perform proficiently in all applicable competency areas
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Century Parks' Code of Ethics and completes all required compliance training
Who We Are
At Century Park Associates, we are dedicated to creating an enriching lifestyle for our residents and a rewarding work environment for our valued associates. We take pride in providing an atmosphere where relationships of trust, leadership and personal ethics are not only valued, but expected of all our associates. Our “people come first” approach ensures that excellence, respect and outstanding service are apparent in all we do as an organization. We believe in caring for and loving our residents and strongly support their ability to continue growing, learning and contributing. Every day, team members at Century Park Associates choose to go beyond their job descriptions, exceeding expectations, on behalf of their residents. They have learned that those who go the extra mile receive rewards - happiness of heart and peace of mind.
Benefits of Joining our Team
- Opportunity to partner with a high energy, dynamic and professional team in the growing senior housing industry
- Continuing Education opportunities
- Competitive compensation and a great benefit package including 401(k)
- Paid time off and holidays
- Medical, dental and vision insurance