LPN - Resident Care Nurse
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
LPN - Resident Care Nurse
The Bridge at Colorado Springs
Position type: Part-time
Shift: Weekends. 10-hour shifts.
The LPN - Resident Care Nurse delivers quality nursing care to residents through interpersonal contact and provides care and services to assure resident safety and well-being in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Century Park standards. Reports to Resident Care Director.
- Must possess a nursing diploma (associate's or bachelor's degree in nursing)
- Must be currently licensed/registered in applicable State
- Must maintain an active LPN license in good standing throughout employment
- One (1) year experience in senior care preferred
- Must have current First Aide certification (if required by State)
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Oversees medication program including accuracy of medication assistance records (MARs), providing hands-on medication assistance to residents and monitoring med passes
- Performs treatments according to physician orders
- Takes blood pressure, pulse, blood sugar, etc.
- Charts relevant information about residents
- Updates and informs physicians of change in resident?s condition
- Takes physician orders, transcribes new orders to medication sheet and charts appropriately
- Assists residents with activities of daily living
- Orders and re-orders medications for residents from assigned pharmacies as needed
- Responds to call lights and other requests from residents
- Provides report to staff for next shift
- Assists Resident Care Director with supervisory responsibilities
- Assists with training, supervision and counseling of resident care team
- Assists with scheduling department hours appropriately
- Serves as an effective role model
- Treats all associates respectfully
- Praises publicly and corrects privately
- Exercises appropriate independent judgment
- Must have expert knowledge in field of practice
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing nursing functions in the post-acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the nursing department
- Must perform proficiently in all applicable competency areas
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Century Parks? Code of Ethics and completes all required compliance training
Who We Are
At Century Park Associates, we are dedicated to creating an enriching lifestyle for our residents and a rewarding work environment for our valued associates. We take pride in providing an atmosphere where relationships of trust, leadership and personal ethics are not only valued, but expected of all our associates. Our “people come first” approach ensures that excellence, respect and outstanding service are apparent in all we do as an organization. We believe in caring for and loving our residents and strongly support their ability to continue growing, learning and contributing. Every day, team members at Century Park Associates choose to go beyond their job descriptions, exceeding expectations, on behalf of their residents. They have learned that those who go the extra mile receive rewards - happiness of heart and peace of mind.
We offer competitive pay in a team-oriented environment.