QMAP - Med Tech (Sign-On Bonus)
Location: Aurora, CO
QMAP - Med Tech
Cherry Creek Retirement Village
Position type: Full-time, part-time
Shift: FT-Day, PT-Day, evening
$250 sign-on bonus for FT. PT includes a sign-on bonus.
The Certified Medication Technician (Qualified Medication Administration Personnel/QMAP) delivers quality assisted living services focused on maximizing resident's individual capabilities in accordance with all laws, regulations and Century Park standards. Reports to Resident Care Director (or Assistant Resident Care Director).
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have current Med Tech or QMAP certification. Certification must remain current during employment.
- One (1) year experience in senior services preferred
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain within 90 days of hire. Certification must remain current during employment
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Follows all policies and procedures for medication administration, medication ordering, and delivery
- Immediately reports med errors, or missing medications
- Provides quality care to residents as indicated on the care plan
- Promotes resident independence in accordance with service plan
- Compliant with all infection control guidelines
- Ensures proper transfer of medication cart between shifts, including narcotic count
- Documents medication administration in EHR (electronic health record) per policy
- Participates in community Lifestyles activities, events and outings, and encourages residents to attend
- Demonstrates patience, compassion and integrity with residents
- Must enjoy serving seniors
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm as well as a willingness to handle difficult residents
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must perform efficiently and effectively with little to no supervision
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Century Park's Code of Ethics and completes all required compliance training
Who We Are
At Century Park Associates, we are dedicated to creating an enriching lifestyle for our residents and a rewarding work environment for our valued associates. We take pride in providing an atmosphere where relationships of trust, leadership and personal ethics are not only valued, but expected of all our associates. Our “people come first” approach ensures that excellence, respect and outstanding service are apparent in all we do as an organization. We believe in caring for and loving our residents and strongly support their ability to continue growing, learning and contributing. Every day, team members at Century Park Associates choose to go beyond their job descriptions, exceeding expectations, on behalf of their residents. They have learned that those who go the extra mile receive rewards - happiness of heart and peace of mind.
Benefits of Joining our Team
- Opportunity to partner with a high energy, dynamic and professional team in the growing senior housing industry
- Continuing Education opportunities
- Competitive compensation and a great benefit package including 401(k)
- Paid time off and holidays
- Medical, dental and vision insurance